Friday, March 26, 2010

Wine parties and the movie Cars

Dear Maddox, 

Mama is counting the minutes on a Friday afternoon at work.  I have approximately 83 minutes left before I can see you and Daddy at home.  Tonight we are going to Grammy and Papa’s house to have ham and sweet potatoes for dinner with Uncle KC and Aunt Lorraine.  KC and Lorraine are up visiting for Grammy and Papa’s special wine party, which sadly, you will not be attending.

It’s not that I don’t want you to come to Grammy and Papa’s fancy wine party, it’s just, well you are a bit too small to drink wine.  So you and Saru have a date.  I know you will have the very best time.

Do you know what was wonderful about this morning Maddox D?  I woke up next to you.  Around 3:30am you wet the bed and called to Daddy to save you.  Your poor, tired Daddy stripped you down, put you in a clean dipe and brought you into bed with us. You crawled right up next to me with your toy car (Chick Hicks) and your blanket and fell asleep in the crook of my shoulder.  I woke up to the smell of your shampoo and the softness or your breath.  I don’t know if there could have been a more glorious wake-up.  I guess it could have only been better if Daddy and I didn’t have to wake you because we had to leave for work.

I love that I will be able to tell you stories when you are older about the wonderment of co-sleeping, even though we do it so rarely nowadays.  I am so happy with the path that Daddy and I chose and our style of parenting.  You are so bright and so well adjusted.  I am so enamored by your brilliance.  The things you say and when.  You told a toy the other day that you didn’t appreciate his attitude and he could be nicer.  I obviously say that to you too often.

We’ve been watching a LOT of Disney’s movie Cars as of late.  You are entranced by the story and the characters.  You want to know why they are behaving the way they are.  Who is nice?  Who is mean?  Why was that a funny joke? (Because Daddy and I laugh at the movie sometimes.) It’s very sweet.  So much in fact I can hardly wait till we can cuddle up and watch it again.  For the 1,467th time.  Cuddling with you is worth it.

You are so wonderful Maddox and I love you so very much.
Mama

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com