Thursday, February 11, 2010

Denists and parties and choo-choo trains, oh my!

Oh Moo,

You are a handful.  In the very best way a handful could be.  You, my baby, are always on the go.  You always have been and always will be in motion.  Yesterday you came up with a brilliant idea.  Out of nowhere you asked for a party.  A party with decorations and pink cupcakes and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  How could Daddy and I say no?

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and Daddy is about to leave for a week to go to training in Ohio.  What better way to spend our last day with Daddy than to have a party.  We invited Nani and Saru (Mako and Wall-e too) to come to your party.  I think I’ll make mini vanilla bean cupcakes with strawberry butter cream frosting.  Those should be pretty pink.

Pink is your favorite color lately.  It’s so much fun how you get excited over pink crayons and markers.  It’s such a bright, vibrant color, how could you not love it?

Yesterday you had your first follow-up dental appointment since you broke your jaw 9 months ago.  You were perfect Maddy.  Just perfect.  You sat still for Dr. Scott the whole time while he cleaned your teeth and tapped them with his tools.  You loved giving Daddy and Mama rides in Dr. Scott’s special chair.  You were so wonderful in fact we took you out for a hot dog and French fries afterwards.  It looks like you have two hairline fractures in your front two teeth but Dr. Scott days that’s okay.  Such a better prognosis than we had originally thought.

At two and a half you are firmly entrenched in the age of two.  The age of testing every rule that Daddy and I have ever given you.  You constantly contradict everything we say.  Tell us how you “can’t” do this or that.  Oh what trouble you try to cause.  But what better way to learn the rules than to test them again and again.  And again, and again, and again, and again.

Your obsession with trains has tripled in the last month.  Papa introduced you to Thomas the Train on television and I could have killed him.  Not literally.  You’ll understand when you are bigger and Mama and Daddy are watching a show that is less than amusing to you and we watch that show over and over until you can recite every line.  I digress.

It is hilarious to watch you in the morning right before we leave for Jenn’s.  You run to your toy box and take every die-cast Thomas train friend you can grab and stuff them in your coat pockets until your coat pockets are full.  Once your pockets are full you hand the remainder to Daddy and me and ask us to put them in our pockets.  You had so many in your pockets yesterday I couldn’t buckle you into your car seat!

For two days now Mama has not worked a single minute while you’ve been awake (truth be told, I haven’t worked many of them whilst you were sleeping either) but I think you’ve noticed.

I’m excited for our week that will be just you and me.  A little nervous just because I love having your Daddy around so much, but I know you and I will be just fine.

I love you baby Moo.
Mama

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com