Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A letter from Daddy


To Maddox,

Your mom is much better about writing to you. Just because I don't write as often, or as much, or as flowery as she does...  I love you more than she does. Don't forget that. I'm your favorite. Say it. Thank you.

I am out in Ohio right now for training missing you and your mom like crazy. I should be paying attention to how to properly take a recorded interview, or what subperitoneal subluxation arthroscopic babble translates to in English. But for some reason all I can think about is you and your mom back home. Strange isn't it??

I have called home everynight to say goodnight to you and that has been the highlight of my day. I can't stand the fact that I won't be able to hug you for another four days. I'm sure by the time you read these letters it will have been a lot longer since we hugged, but you should know I have never stopped loving being near you and holding you.

You made my day today. Well you do that most days.

Today was different. When I called home tonight I read you "the going to bed book" by Sandra Boynton. For Keith, who is never tired.  We read this every night and it is the last book we read before we tuck you in and turn out the lights.

After I read you the story you said goodnight and that you loved me and I was saying goodnight to mom and she told me the best news I have ever gotten.

As she was driving you home from Jen's house earlier in the day you were talking about Thomas the train and saying how Mavis was Thomas' best friend. When mommy asked who your best friend was you said it was me.

I guess today I am your favorite.

I couldn't be happier. I don't have any way to say this more emphatically. There is no concievable way I could feel any better about myself, or our family or descisions that your mom and I have made.

You gave me all I ever wanted,  so I had to write you this and say thank you.

I love you.
Daddy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com