Thursday, February 18, 2010

Tired Mama


Dear Maddy,

A day and a half, a day and a half, a day and one half… that is what Mama keeps repeating to herself over and over again. Daddy will be home in one and a half days. I cannot thank you enough for being such a good boy for Mama while Daddy is away. Even with you being the best behaved little guy, Mama is still tired.

You are so busy my baby boy! You are always on the run and just like any super happy, super busy two and a half year old, you are all sorts of messy. Everything you touch is like an explosion. Toys, DVDs, playing cards, food! You think it is such a treat to make a big mess then tell me about the big mess you just made. You like to test and see if I will make you pick it up with me and if you will go to time-out for not helping. I’m happy to say most times you help me and when you don’t the threat of time-out is enough to get you to help.

Even with you helping, there is so much “grown-up” stuff to be done. Garbage to be taken out, dishes to be washed, dried and put away, rugs to be vacuumed, clothes to be washed, floors to be mopped, food to be cooked. There isn’t much time in the mornings to complete the grown-up stuff. You and I wake up between 5:30 and 6:00am. Then we cuddle for 20 minutes are so. This is important and cannot be traded out for any of that yucky grown-up stuff. Then we get ready. You get dressed, I get dressed, we brush our teeth, get on our boots and coats and out the door we go.

Then when we get home there are castles to build, trains to race, shows to watch, play food to cook, dinner to cook. Then there are bathes to be taken, books to be read, goodnight kisses to be shared and then it is 8:00pm. At 8:00pm Mama is tired. Mama has worked a long day, played hard and would love to rest. That is where the grown-up stuff comes in. Daddy is the BEST grown-up stuff helper. Without Daddy being around Mama has a lot more to do. So Mama is tired.

Tired but happy. So happy because you are so happy. Today you went sledding for the very first time with your friend Michelle. I am sure you had a great time. I’ll find out in just a couple of hours when I pick you up. I think tonight we will do something fun. Mama needs to pick up some diapers, bread and milk so maybe we’ll go to Target. We’ll get some juice at the food court and run around like crazies. Maybe grab a sandwich at Panera? Home for a bath and some snuggles and then lather, rinse, repeat for just one more day without Daddy.

I love you Maddy Danger,
Mommy Danger

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com